Thursday, March 12, 2009

HAHA Pi Day

In all seriousness,

You can memorize the first 128 digits or however many you choose to memorize while enjoying your Pie. I'll be living it up at the St. Patty's Day parade and celebration drinking green beer with the most of the city of Pittsburgh.

The St. Patty's Day celebration in Pittsburgh is usually the largest party in Pittsburgh of the year. It's so big that I gave my liver a few weeks rest for the celebration. The only party that surpasses St. Patty's Day in Pittsburgh is a Superbowl celebration. Hopefully St. Patty's Day won't be the largest party for the next few years to come (I don't care what Jaime has to say about it).

As a mathematics major I find it amusing that someone would actually celebrate Pi Day. Is there an E day?? I want to waste more time memorizing the first 128 digits of E. Sorry but I'd rather celebrate (É)ire day, my Irish heritage, and hopefully a nice sunny warm festive day in the city of (Pi)ttsburgh.

Don't mean to crush the Mathematics Teachers Association hope in America, but Pi Day...c'mon really?

Big Dave

1 comment:

Big Myk said...

Pi Day and St. Patrick's Day are fine. But the March holiday I celebrate is the Ides of March.

A great day to have a toga party, or eat a Caesar salad, or brush up on your latin. The Rome Hash House Harriers hold a toga run through Rome on the Ides of March.

Caesar: "the ides of March are come."
Soothsayer: "Ay, Caesar, but not gone."