Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Screenings - Exit Through the Gift Shop

Director: Banksy
Genre: Documentary (2010)

I have been pushing this film around Pittsburgh, so I thought I would expand my recommendation to the blog. Mostly, I want to make sure Dan sees the film, but I suspect he knows much more about it than I do. This is a documentary about street art or graffiti. For the most part the director/editor stays out of the way and just presents the story, which, like many good documentaries, changes direction a few times in the film. It is remarkably entertaining and toward the end moves sideways into the age old question about what art is. But it does so with a twist.

Please, do NOT read any reviews or commentaries about this film before you see it. Your experience will be much richer. Afterward, you may read what you want.

No comments: