Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Kidnapped! - episode 5

[Somewhere in Boston]

As I drove around Boston, my strategy to be submissive was working almost too well. The more I played the part of the helpless victim, a role for which I needed no extra motivation, the more sympathetic they became, to the point of being almost compassionate. I'm not sure how much was acting and how much was sobering up to my current situation, but I started to shiver a bit. They could see my hands shake on the steering wheel. 
Perhaps their concern was simply survival instinct. They didn't want to get into a car accident because of my excited state. Also, looking back, I suspect that they must have been apprehensive in their own right. Despite living in Boston, apparently they had hardly ever been out of their own neighborhood. They had no idea where they were. Seven or eight miles from their home must have been a foreign country to them. This was taking much longer than they had anticipated. And how could anyone not know where they lived? 
They started to assure me that they did not want to hurt me. They just needed some money. Certainly I could understand that. Just get us to your apartment, and we will get what we want and be gone. I didn't say anything, but continued trembling. 
Eventually, whether by dumb luck or the realization that I could not delay any longer, I arrived at my apartment. I stopped the car right in front. By this time it was well past 9:00 o'clock at night. I gave them my keys and, while one kept guard over me in the car, the other went up to inspect the apartment. They were afraid that someone else would be there. 
Satisfied that it was empty, I was led up to what was, for the last two months, my own living quarters on the third floor. 

[To be continued…]

No comments: