Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Question

As blogs become the new email, I'll ask this question here. It is mainly directed at Peter H. but any replies are welcome. How do you paste a video from YouTube, directly into a post on the blog?

For most technical questions, my answer is usually, 'Look it up on the Web.' and that is a good answer. However, my (half hearted) research has led me to create an account on YouTube, which I did, but still no luck pasting, even though my account does (somewhat) recognize this blog. (Somewhat in the sense that it comes up when I select a blog, but nothing seems to change.)

2 comments:

Big Myk said...

Am I missing something, or don't understand the question? I just copy the embed code usually somewhere near the video and paste it into the text space for the blog entry. It seems to work. I don't even have an account with youtube.

Peter H of Lebo said...

Myk method is the one I use. For youtube, the embedding code is on the right underneath the user name and info. The gear to the right of the code allows you to customize shape and color. I stay under 640 for dimensions because that is close to the width of our blog.