Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Quantum-Classical Boundary

Somewhere in the size contimuum, things begin to have an actual location. This marks the boundary between quantum physics and classical physiscs. The only problem is: we don't really know where that line is. Most recently, scientists have demonstrated a molecule of a record 430 atoms can exhibit quantum behavior: Researchers Find “Fattest Schrodinger Cats Realized to Date” . Perhaps the tree in the quad dissolves into a wave when we look away.

4 comments:

James R said...

Haha. Two points for clever last line. Berkeley may be the most misunderstood philosopher. Hmm...well, I guess most philosophers are misunderstood and how can you blame people for it?

James R said...

Myk, you really should start adjusting the size of your pictures. I believe you must modify the code in two places. I usually take 10% off both height and width, but that is not exactly Peter's dimensions. Pete should give us the width dimensions he desires, and we can proportionally modify the picture embed code to that.

Big Myk said...

I knew that many of my images overlapped the blog boundaries and all of a sudden they's be fixed (I assumed by Pete -- it was a little like the elves and the shoemaker). But I didn't realize that the images could be manipulated so easily. So, anyway, it's done. (I had to reduce a lot more than 10%) You learn something new every day.

Peter H of Lebo said...

Width for pictures and videos should be 550 pixels (the posting area is 600), also for youtube videos, they have a custom input, putting 550 in the width auto calculations the the height and updates the embed code.

Also, font is Helvetic and normal font size for posts.

So much for my elvish ways.