Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sean's Victory

While Sean was the real winner in my book…


14-year-old Jo Guest, from Wolverhampton, came out on top in the women's race. The unusual event has been celebrated for centuries and is thought to have its roots in a heathen festival to celebrate the return of spring. The last time cheese rolling was staged in 2009 more than 15,000 people turned up as spectators. But this year a plan was hatched to move the date of the racing to June and to make it a two-day festival. Those plans were scrapped after it was revealed that people would be charged up to £20 to attend.


2 comments:

Big Myk said...

Well, the picture was labeled "cheese rollers." So, getting this one right wasn't exactly rocket science.

James R said...

Myk, you sly fox. I discovered how you found the label. Actually, that was the label I gave it. Rest assured, I won't give it away again.

I still think Sean is the game king and never read the label. He's not as internet savvy as you.