Thursday, July 21, 2011

An uninteresting post

The NYT has 18 audio statements from 18-22 year-old New Yorkers concerning gay marriage. There is nothing interesting about it as they all express the thoughts you have heard from 18-22 year olds that you know. But for someone who forms their opinion about people from TV or the internet, rather than from personal experience, it might be very interesting.

[Hmm…I guess the irony is on me. Here is the media report conforming to my personal experience, so maybe there's no disconnect after all.]

2 comments:

Big Myk said...

This post was anything but uninteresting! I listened to all the responses with growing admiration. These answers were refreshingly honest, straight-forward and weren't the tip of an iceberg of some hidden agenda.

I'm not sure what happens to people when they get old. It's like they get programmed somehow. I suppose it becomes easier to sign on to some ideology and let it dictate how you think.

James R said...

Yes. (I couldn't present it that way because I am older.)