Thursday, February 23, 2012

Whoever thought the GOP would become MORE conservative after Bush, and What's Up with Santorum

Republican candidates batter Bush's record as too liberal?

As many of the readers of and contributors to this blog are current residents of PA, can someone please explain the appeal of Rick Santorum? I am in no way opposed to his being nominated as the Republican candidate, but for the life of me I cannot begin to comprehend the rise of Santorum. Unless it is simply because the alternatives are Romney and Gingrich. And even then, I find it almost impossible to understand.

4 comments:

Big Myk said...

Ted, You might want to check with your Uncle Tom. I understand he put up a Santorum sign in his yard during the senate race. At the time, Santorum lived in Mt. Lebanon.

Big Myk said...

I often think it's comical
How Nature always does contrive
That every boy and every gal,
That's born into the world alive,
Is either a little Liberal,
Or else a little Conservative!

William Schwenck Gilbert

James R said...

The only "appeal" I can give for Santorum is that he works extremely hard. I met him when he was running for his first office (Representative?) as he came door to door in Mt. Lebanon. I was not impressed then, but only because he was the typical epigram toting politician. But I admired his diligence and desire to meet with people.

Since there are only two or three of us reading this blog, I will have to answer for others. Peter, through his organization of Just Harvest, hired a singing telegram to interrupt one of Santorum's press events, so there is no love lost between them. They often butted heads. But you will not learn the details from Peter on this blog.

Big Myk said...

Europeans are also a bit puzzled.

Rick Santorum Represents Everything Europeans Find Weird About America