Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Beer Brewing Party

Inspired by Uncle Peter's cider making gathering last fall, I was hoping to have a beer brewing party Friday, November 27th, the day after Thanksgiving and have the tasting over the Christmas/New Year's Holiday. Anyone around during those holidays are encouraged to participate.

There is a lot of creative aspects people can participate in, designing labels, naming, choosing beer recipe and obviously the steps making the beer. I haven't figured out all the logistics but I was hoping to acquire two beer-making apparatus to allow two different creative teams and recipes, for variety and maybe a little taste competition during the New Year's holiday.

4 comments:

James R said...

Consult with Joe Nascenzi. From what I hear he is the closest thing to a professional brewmaster.

Sean Harvey said...

I have a couple books on brewing and have always been interested just never had the capital to start, I'd be down to join up if I'm not in school.

Big Myk said...

Dad/Pop tried his hand at brewing beer for a time. The results were undrinkable.

Peter H of Lebo said...

Ah crap, well I may make a batch before Thanksgiving.

Granted, I fully expect my first batch to be undrinkable that way I'll have room for improvement:). I am more in it more for the journey. I guess if I were smart I would use my 100s of dollars and time buying equipment and ingredients to buy cases of Victory or Brooklyn.

Also, in honor of Myk none of my bottles will have a screw tops.